Saturday 6 September 2014

Ride To Hell: Retribution

IS THIS THE WORST GAME KNOWN TO MANKIND...

The game is clearly amazing....
When I started to think about writing this page on my blog, I wanted to make a serious review where I actually try and find a good point about this game. I later thought that it could be impossible because this game is just UTTER DOGSHIT!

In this game you play as an ex solider named Jake Conway who comes home after doing some crap which I never gave a shit about and finding out that his world has changed and decides to try and live a peaceful life. Sadly that is all destroyed after his brother is killed in a gang related shooting and thinks that it is time to get some stuff done.

The first thing that makes this game awful is the sound quality when you are on a motorbike, as in, when riding around you cannot hear anything else apart from the dull noise of a motorbike engine going around. Oh what a good start. 

Second is that the gang is called The Devils Hand, at least please give us something with more imagination rather than a gang with a shit name randomly killing people because they ride bikes and think that it is funny.

Thirdly, the women are so incredibly demoralized that it is almost considered retarded. All they are there for is as a sexual object for Jake to stick his dick in before going after the gang that killed his brother. Again. 

Fourth problem is that you actually cannot kill any NPC's even though it gives us a warning against doing it. What is exactly the point of giving us this warning when we cannot do it anyway. It's like giving a prostitute money, not for sex mind you but to just hear her life story and how bad her life is to resort to prostitution. 

Fifth is the story is just boring, so boring that the only reason I played through this is to see if it gets any better and unfortunately it just more boring and stagnant as it goes in that I lost patience with the main character. I don't think that is really a good idea so blame the game developers.

Sixth is the main character, Jake. It is almost like he was born to be a boring twat. I've never played a game where when the main character got emotional I thought "get over it you sad mongrel and do something productive for once". Honestly I never thought I'd find a game where I never gave a toss about when a plot twist happens so I give Deep Silver Vienna and Eutechnyx props for developing a character so boring that I found going the toilet for a poo more entertaining then playing this game.

Seventh and final point(s) that if you are going to give us a game where we get "full customization" and "free roam"...ACTUALLY GIVE IT US! I am sick of game developers promising us so much yet giving us no such thing (looking at you Watch Dogs) and giving us some linear piece of crap where we get little pieces of customization and the tiniest bit of free roam.


OVERALL   0.1/10

The only reason there is a number is because of the 1% on the cover and that at least the developers tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment